Essentials Training: Hose Essentials and Valve Essentials
Join us for a day of in-depth training on hose and valve selection, operation and maintenance. Assure safe, reliable and long lasting fluid systems and components. Taught by a Swagelok® Certified Instructor.
Next Class is TBD
Interested? Please email Karen.Polen@Swagelok.com
, Fill this Form
or call Karen at (602) 268-4848.
What do attendees receive?
Course Topics Outline
- Upon Completion of Hose Essentials, you will understand proper hose assembly and guidelines for successful hose operations that are critical in preventing premature failures and poor results.
- Upon Completion of Valve Essentials, you will acquire foundational knowledge that helps reduce costs, ensure safety, and extend production cycles in your valve population.
|8:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon: Hose Essentials
Understand common terms pertaining to hoses
- Evaluate hose fits for various purposes
- Recognize hose selection variables
- Determine hose length and installation
- Master common practices when conducting hose inspections
- Discover best practices for preventative maintenance of hoses
- Recall common issues found in hose applications
- Identify potential issues and roadblocks in hose applications
|12:00 Noon: Lunch Provided
|1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Valve Essentials
- Identify valve types, functions, construction, and operation
- Understand proper installation, repair, and troubleshooting of valves
- Define leakage and how to control it
- Define flow and understand system factors impacting flow
- Identify and list factors affecting services life
- Learn to read flow and understand system factors impacting flow
- Learn to read flow curves and P/T tables
Link back to Training home page