Swagelok Southwest has an immediate opening for a Technical Sales Support Representative based in our Phoenix office, reporting to Director of Sales.
At Swagelok Southwest Co., our job is to help engineers, operators and technicians with their task of creating the safest, highest-performing and longest-lasting fluid handling systems possible.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Sales Support Representative is to provide technical and sales support to our customers and help them achieve operational excellence. You will work in collaboration with our field sales team throughout every step of the sales process.
Developing and maintaining an extensive knowledge of Swagelok products and services is essential to success in this position. Industrial sales experience is highly desired for this position, as well as mechanical aptitude.
The successful candidate will be able to learn new products quickly, utilize discovery to understand customer requirements effectively, and be able to explain technical concepts in a clear manner.
- Interface with customers to serve their technical needs within a broad range of industries including semiconductor, power generation, government and university research, aerospace, and alternative fuels.
- Demonstrate versatility and communicate with ease. Our customers’ job roles include business unit managers, design engineers, plant supervisors, fluid systems installers, and supply chain professionals.
- Initiate outbound communications, utilizing phone calls and email, to assure comprehensive coverage within our territory.
- Understand business drivers that impact customers’ decision-making process.
- Understand all phases of the sales cycle and support multiple stakeholders throughout each phase.
- Utilize the company’s business system to track transactions.
- Engage with customers that visit our sales and service counter.
- Conduct follow-up inquires with customers to assure satisfaction and help identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Learn and apply Counselor Sales Person methodologies.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement and personal development in alignment with company culture and values.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in technical discipline.
- 1 - 3 years of technical experience in engineering processes, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, power or similar industries is highly desirable.
- 1 - 2 years minimum of customer service or sales experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of fluid system components and applications is desirable.
Essential Skills Requirements:
- Strong mechanical, mathematical, critical thinking and problem-solving aptitude.
- Team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective learning style and strong work ethic.
- Customer focus mentality.
- Demonstrated self-initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to support strategic initiatives.
- Experience with CRM software is desirable.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and a 401K Retirement Plan.
Swagelok Southwest Co. is an authorized Swagelok sales and service center with offices in Phoenix, AZ and Albuquerque, NM. This position will be based in Phoenix, and will report to the Director of Sales.
Swagelok Company is a privately-held company that designs, manufactures and delivers an expanding range of the highest quality fluid system products and solutions. Swagelok and their exclusive distributor network is comprised of approximately 9,000 associates worldwide at Swagelok’ factories, technical centers, and sales and service centers.
Together, we work as One Swagelok to address every customer need with a sense of urgency.
Job Type: Full-time